Friday, January 23, 2009

Crafty resolutions or (my usual projections)

My crafty resolution is two fold...First things first; I need to straighten out and organize my yarns, scrapbooking supplies,fabrics and notions in order to finish several projects that are started and then get whatever suopplies I will need and am lacking. For example, I have hundreds of photographs that I have already cut into smaller shapes that need to be subcategorized so I can make 5 unique collages and dispurse them to each of my children. I want each collage to have the pics surrounded by rick rack,separated by fabric piping and stickers relevant to the theme of that child and mount this in a large frame. Then I have one daughter who is college bound next year and I need to divide up my fabrics so as to remake her bedroom curtains and make pillows to match. For my youngest daughter, I have plans to make a new canopy to mount over her bed and need to see what colors and types of netting I have or am lacking, and need to finally finish sewing some clothing that I began for her but didn't finish before school started! I am crocheting a large (full sized) ripple blanket for my oldest daughter and have to go through the yarns to see if I have any more of the shades of blue required for it...Then again for my middle daughter (the one who is going off to college) once the curtains and pillows are completed for her bedroom (which we are going to have one set for home and one for the dorm) she wants to have an afghan made up of matching colors (she is thinking shades of pink-leaning towards hot pink). Finally I will be crocheting a sampler afghan for my couch and one for the bedroom.So that sums up my crafts resolution for 2009!--For now, that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment